Zoho CRM Variables
If you’ve ever had to develop an e-mail template in Zoho, then you are probably familiar with CRM Variables. Over the next few paragraphs, we’ll dive into a quick overview of how CRM Variables work, how your CRM system can benefit from their features and how you can set them up.
What are CRM Variables?
CRM Variables can be defined as a pseudo-module that stores static and reusable information in your CRM account. They can be utilized in a variety of situations depending on your specific needs. Email templates, Mail Merge templates and Inventory templates all use CRM Variables; and they can also be deployed as reusable authentication parameters in custom functions, links and buttons, as well as Webhooks, Related Lists, and APIs.
It is important to note that only users with Administrator profiles can create and manage CRM variables; and that each organization can create a maximum of 10 variable groups, with 25 variables per group; or 250 variables per organization, which is a generous amount.
CRM Variables can play a key role in determining the success of your automation system as they deliver customization for a variety of process flows and campaigns. Consider the following examples:
- Ensure better data integrity and reusability by using CRM Variables with custom functions. Once you have your CRM Variable and custom function set up, you essentially eliminate the need for editing the custom function each time the value of the variable changes. Whenever the function is triggered, the CRM variable will be used and the action will take place automatically, thus reducing the risk of error and ensuring better data integrity.
- As part of the latest Zoho update, a new set of CRM Variables has been made available for use – Organization variables. Now, you can include company specific details when delivering emails to your customers. When developing an email template in Zoho CRM you can include company specific details such as SIC code. Simply create a CRM variable as SIC code and whenever you need to include the merge field in your email template, you can use it organization wide and send email to respective users. This is a very useful update as it allows for the creation of global (organization wide) variables that all users can take advantage of.
- CRM variables can also be deployed in order to automate the relationship of your CRM with third-party systems. You can use CRM variables to easily send pre-stored data through Webhooks.
As it is evident in these examples, Zoho’s latest update enables users to simplify and automate tasks with the added value of Organizational CRM Variables.
Next, we’ll take a look at the steps towards setting up a CRM Variable in Zoho.
How to set up a CRM Variable
- Click Settings –> Setup –> APIs –> CRM Variables–> Create a New CRM Variable
- In the Create CRM Variable page, do the following:
- Enter the variable name and description for easy identification.
- Select the Data Type (Single Line, Number, Percent, Currency, etc.) from the drop-down list based on your requirements.
- Now choose where your variable name should be grouped. You can also create a new group and have your CRM variables under the respective group.