Letz Live is one of the world’s largest providers of international gap year and working holiday placements. The organization prides itself with creating unique overseas experiences that combine work and travel for young people. Founded in 2004 by an Australian student returning from a gap year spent abroad, the company now employs a team of specialists with over 50 years of collective experience, offering support and guidance to their clients.
Over the last decade, the company has expanded its global network and has experienced accelerated growth in the number of applicants for their gap year and working holiday programs. Managing a large volume of applications was becoming increasingly difficult. Developing the necessary candidate profiles to deliver to employers in a timely fashion is an essential component of the recruitment process. In addition, the Letz Live team is responsible for processing payments, drafting contracts, arranging travel, insurance policies, and visas for successful applicants.
- Ability to capture and process a large number of applications with speed and accuracy.
- Automated payment processing and recording of transactions into the company’s accounting system (Xero).
- Automatically create candidate profiles.
- Automatic contract generation (including applicant information), delivery and e-signature
- Automatic delivery of relevant notifications and updates to applicants.
- Integration with SMS gateway and automating the delivery of SMS message notifications to applicants, to ensure prompt responses.
- Automatically requesting references, including contacting, following up, and capturing responses from references identified by each applicant.
- Built-in functionality to assist with travel and visa arrangements for candidates.
Solution: A custom built CRM system with robust automation and third party integrations
The ease of use, friendly interface, and flexibility of Zoho CRM make it the ideal fit with the company’s requirements. The CRM Expert team was responsible for deploying the system, as well as integrating third party apps and ensuring a tailor made fit that streamlined processes, eliminated manual tasks, and improved communications with applicants.
The Zoho CRM system was deployed successfully with the following integrations and custom functions:
- A custom-built module was added to enable the creation of comprehensive contact forms, capturing all relevant candidate details.
- The standard Zoho modules were enhanced with functionality that allows for the generation of applicant profiles based on the details captured by the contact form.
- Credit card processing functionality was enabled by integrating the system with Stripe; while the Xero accounting system was linked for seamless transfer of transaction information.
- Automation of contracts was made possible with the integration of Right Signature as well as the development of functions that prepopulate fields with values available in the CRM system.
- Candidate screening was streamlined with automated system reference checks. Once an application is accepted, the system automatically follows up with all the references provided by the candidate, including reminder email notifications.
- A live chat function was deployed on the Letz Live website to facilitate communication with possible applicants.
- An SMS gateway was integrated with the CRM system, automatically notifying candidates of important emails that require their attention, thus streamlining communications.
- Custom forms were developed to facilitate the management of travel and visa arrangements; with important details being captured in the CRM.
- An API update was also performed. All functions were built on this new version and all data was migrated successfully.
The deployment of a custom-tailored CRM system with all adjacent integrations has delivered wide reaching benefits to the organization. The built-in automation and enhanced functionality of the system has allowed Letz Live to streamline their operations, eliminate manual tasks, and reduce the time it takes to process applications.